m-technik
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335, E36 Ti, Porsche 986

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarence
Quote:
Originally Posted by m-technik View Post
Right, I forgot to mention in my previous post that the E12 also had a 'M535' in 1979. I also noticed growing up in Europe that a large number of Bmw's were debadged and had ///M logos on the trunklids and side moldings.... I don’t know why everyone is making such a big deal about it now
There was also the E28 M535i. The M logo was used quite indiscriminately since even before the first real M-car was born (debatable as to which is the 1st). In fact it was much much worse in the early 80's as I saw many a E21 3er with the inscription M316 on the 2-headlamp front grill, steel wheels & all.
Right, the e28 M535 is what my original post on page 2 of this thread talked about. I had just forgotten that there was a previous e12 M535 released before, sporting ///M badges and upgrades as well. Yes i agree it was much worse back in the 80's...I remember seeing all those E21's with ///M's on the grill too!

Not that it makes much of a difference since judging by the numerous "OMG Bmw is now putting ///M badges on non ///M cars!!" posts, im thinking that no one is reading our posts anyways...

Last edited by m-technik; 02-17-2012 at 09:03 PM..
Appreciate 0