MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chowser51 View Post
Good luck. Have insurance fix it and sell it. How'd the thieves get the keys? You leave them near the car?

A coworker was trying to get rid of a pos pontiac sunfire. No one wanted to buy it. So he'd leave it running and unlocked in bad neighborhoods and still no one would touch it.
LOL to Pontiac

The keys were kept 20m from the front door. According to investigators, the thieves followed my son into the house when he parked his Supra in the garage.

They seemingly put something under the garage door so when the roller door hit it, the safety mechanism was triggered and the roller door bounced back up hence giving them access to the house.

According to my neighbour's CCTV footage, they waited for a while before entering the house via the garage, searched for a few minutes to find the keys. The footage shows then leaving at almost midnight, ten minutes after entering the house.

All the while we were in the house.

Police believe they were after my son's car but they found my keys instead.

The bright side of this story is that we are alive and safe; things could have been different if we were in the same room when they entered the house.
chowser511993.00