Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G42 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by idontsave View Post
Typical scare tactics with the $1,000 fine/state ref talk.

N=1 but I passed by an officer today and was barely able to bring down my RPMs before I saw him on the other side of a fairly open road. We made eye contact and he gave me a nod but didn't bother to turn around or pull me over. I'm running catless DP and muffler delete.

I'd just be careful around CHP, same as always.
So you think it is perfectly fine to impose your noise and your pollution on the rest of us?

We are all (or mostly all) enthusiasts on this website. But being enthusiasts doesn't mean that we can violate reasonable noise standards and throw pollution into the air. Take a look at old pictures of cities from the 50s before cats were required.
I respect your opinion, but you may be on the wrong forum to be giving someone a hard time for running catless. I'm not going to justify polluting the air because there's no reason that I should even try to.

Noise-wise, I don't drive like an obnoxious 17-year-old so that's a non-issue. Happened to be high in the rev range at the moment I was describing. Never said I was entitled to anything.

Anyway, let's not turn this into an oddly passive-aggressive discussion about environmental consciousness, yeah?