View Single Post
      07-13-2018, 01:24 PM   #13
luis11chino
Mexico
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335i 2012 M Body Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
The underlying parts and engine that you cannot swap out will make the real OEM M3 a much better car than your faux M3. Furthermore, the S55 is more bulletproof than the N55 for adding all that equipment, which still will not give you all the M3 Capabilities.

If determined to rebuild, find a totaled M3 with very minor frame damage and restore that. They can be found for less than $20k.

Just as cheap (probably more so) than what you are doing and a real M3.
You are right, obviously a s55 have so much more potential, itīs a real m3 of course!! But the mainly reason I want to start a project is entretain the audience, I think itīs more easily with a more common car like a f30, to come to a another new level on visual look and engine performance.

I wanted to do that too, but here in Mexico itīs very strange or is best to say is "impossible" find a totaled m3 or m4 on a good price, on USA I know exists copart, thatīs an awesome search, in fact I want to buy a f80, but I canīt legalize a German car (thatīs totally heartbraking) and here in Mexico all places that sell those cars want $30k dollars for a totally destroyed M3, thatīs very rude because you need to pay like other $30k to fix it, itīs better to buy a used one, but my goal is for the m3 budget build and convert a f30 like to one and with all that things have a better visual look, thatīs the cons to live in Mexico, theyīre no way to fix one wrecked car... If I found a "impossible" deal I think about it, I search every day for that but in Mexico are very difficult and the most bad part are that legalization thing
Appreciate 0