12-07-2022, 02:13 PM   #50
ssf556
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 328d

Quote:
Originally Posted by POBEP View Post
It does not concern you that:
- it has no single BMW approval (recommended != approved)
AND
- covers 3 different BMW certifications in the same bottle?
Not at all...I have been in the diesel commercial business for 25 years and recommending, approving or endorsing or not taken lightly in the oil business. As you know this is a topic that is discussed ad nauseam on the internets.

Just look up the wording from some of the Big Commercial diesel engine manufactures, you will see all 3. Even then an oil that is on an Approved or Recommended list still has an asterisk by it. The oil manufacturer submits data to a company like Detroit Diesel and based on that Detroit Diesel will add that oil to their "approved" list. It is actually the responsibility of the oil manufacture to make sure the oil works. Just like Detroit Diesel, BMW has not "tested" all of their approved or recommended oils in their engines. It is really sort of a game at the end of the day.

Again the use of LL01, 04 and 12 in this situation apply to diesel engines. I do know that there is some concern with these oils on gas powered vehicles.

I am curious to see what is actually on the bottle when I receive it. I will let you know.

It also checks the MB229.51, VW 507 and Porsche c30 spec boxes as well. Maybe too good to be true?

https://sharena21.springcm.com/Publi...0-48df3793b338

Last edited by ssf556; 12-07-2022 at 02:38 PM..
Appreciate 1
POBEP365.50