General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit486 View Post
shawnsheridan
OK so based on this thread, it is possible to code for 6NR if I have HUD_CIC and CMB_MEDIA??? I have 609 and 6NH as base, which I recently upgraded to 6NL. I am not sure about FSC code generation. There are some tools that I downloaded like FSC generator and EDIABAS.
Any insight will help.

Also, can this be used to upgrade the NAV software if I am correct? I already have NAV pro. can this be upgraded to even a higher version or this is just a software upgrade?
You have the capability to have BMW Apps since you have CIC and Combox. It requires adding 6NR to VO, obtaining a 9C FSC Code issued by BMW AG for your VIN, Importing and Activating the FSC Code in Head Unit, and Coding Head Unit and Combox. 6NR FSC Code cannot be generated. It must come from BMW AG and be signed with their private encryption key.

With CiC, you will get all of BMW Apps except you will still not have Video and iPod out GUI functions as there is no FBAS Video Connection from the 6NF Base Plate if present nor the Center Armrest USB Port to back of CIC.

As for Nav, 609 Nav Pro is the highest version. All you can do with it is update map versions, or Retrofit newer NBT Head Unit to replace CIC.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0