View Single Post
      01-22-2015, 05:34 PM   #41
ankit486
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
You have the capability to have BMW Apps since you have CIC and Combox. It requires adding 6NR to VO, obtaining a 9C FSC Code issued by BMW AG for your VIN, Importing and Activating the FSC Code in Head Unit, and Coding Head Unit and Combox. 6NR FSC Code cannot be generated. It must come from BMW AG and be signed with their private encryption key.

With CiC, you will get all of BMW Apps except you will still not have Video and iPod out GUI functions as there is no FBAS Video Connection from the 6NF Base Plate if present nor the Center Armrest USB Port to back of CIC.

As for Nav, 609 Nav Pro is the highest version. All you can do with it is update map versions, or Retrofit newer NBT Head Unit to replace CIC.
Thanks for the info. If I understood you correctly, the BMW apps can be added only after I get the 9C FSC code from BMW AG. will that be added in addition to EBt code for 6NL/6NS or 6NR will replace it?

As for the 9C FSC code, will BMW generate just like that? I assume not!! It must come with some cost. And even if you wish to pay, do they jsut activate without any fuss like I have to take the car to the dealer to install it??
Appreciate 0