View Single Post
      09-20-2020, 05:23 PM   #2
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

I had a question regarding why I am selling it. So instead of responding to a bunch of people, here it is:

I previously had the Dinan Sport Tuner on my car and wanted a more powerful plug in module. The AFE is supposed to produce more power because it hooks up to two sensors rather than one.

After installing and doing a test drive, it didn't feel much different than the Dinan Sport. The top end felt a bit more powerful but otherwise it was the same. I also didn't want to run a cable from my engine bay into the cabin with the controller. The controller is not waterproof so leaving it in the engine bay would be bad. For testing, I just put it in a corner in the engine bay and didn't mount it anywhere.

I then decided to purchase Bootmod3 - a true flash that overwrites the stock program. That was a night and day difference compared to the plug ins and it was very smooth. My warranty had expired at this point and so I didn't worry too much about it. The Dinan and AFE were both purchased with the purpose of keeping my warranty in tact.

I sold the Dinan earlier and now I'm selling the AFE which was sitting on my shelf for months.