View Single Post
      03-08-2021, 06:10 PM   #36
2017F30
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 330iX AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeikei View Post
Over here the main reason to get vehicle check done at dealer is the 12 years corrosion / rust warranty. Without a record that vehicle check has been done on time according to their procedures they will reject claims. I had E90 complete front door replaced from that warranty around 8 year mark so it does work.

This practice may of course be different in other parts of the world, and I am not aware that F3x cars would have any such spots where this warranty would even be needed.

Some people in this thread mentioned it is something that can be just changed from idrive to certain date, that is a different thing it is the one with a § sign and it is just a reminder to have a scheduled inspection with the authorities.

With all that it is still too much to pay over 200 for it, here it is 100 something at all dealerships.
That’s exactly it. I purchased the car used in January from a BMW dealer and last month, shortly after my independent mechanic did an oil change, the check vehicle service warning came up - I simply reset it. The dealer had already seen the vehicle the previous month and given the low mileage there was nothing to worry about. The sales advisor did mention to return every 2 years for the rust warranty to remain valid and so far I’ve narrowed it down to the CDN$59.95 (US$47.33) 55 point inspection as being my best and cheapest option to oblige them.
Appreciate 0