View Single Post
      05-02-2018, 06:07 PM   #1
BLKZILLA
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 VW Jetta GLI

Customized Exhaust

Hey everybody, I'm sorta new here, not really "new" i'm just a creeper.

I put an exhaust on the car, to be honest, I just welded it on there because i wasn't sure i was going to like it. However, for those of you who don't want to go the muffler delete option or the super expensive full exhaust replacement, I thought i'd upload a sound byte for you to see if maybe this might be something you're interested in getting too!

Right now the muffler has a stock resonator on the car still, i just took my car in for warranty repair at 52k for a seized turbo, luckily it was still covered by my CPO plan. Now that it's not spitting plumes of smoke out the exhaust heres what it sounds like with a little juice. Tell me your thoughts. I'm happy with the sound, therefore i'm going to finish it with the correct piping and relocate it to a better spot instead of at the back half.

It's been a super long time since i've posted on a forum to share anything, so if i'm in the wrong area, let me know!

Really good interior sound, no drone, whats your thoughts for the sound? I almost wanted to go a little louder, but i figure once i go catless downpipe, i figure it'll open up and be even louder

for those who may be interested, I ordered the part on amazon for approx 90$ USD and had the exhaust installed towards the rear section maintaining factory exhaust flap functionality for 120$ USD, so this exhaust cost me 215$ with tax.
Appreciate 0