Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent11202
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneRib View Post
It depends. You can always try and negotiate the lease end price, but usually you can't save a ton. This is why it's never recommended to lease with the plan of buying at the end. This is especially true when the residuals are high.
Interesting that they aren't that flexible at lease end but I understand what you are saying. I guess it's just as easy to take the car back and hope to recover the lesser value (to some extent) from the subsequent customer that shows an interest in it. You would think it's easier for them to take a little bit of a bath on it (by lowering the residual) rather than take a chance they can recoup. These people (BMW) are not stupid so I'd almost bet they offer up a REALLY good deal on a new unit in a case like this to minimize the financial difference - lose some on the lease return but make up all (or most) on the new unit.

I have no idea what I will face at lease end but I'm pretty sure they won't be happy with my steadfast refusal to get another BMW - as they say, "That's the way the Mercedes Benz."
You'll be OK on lease return. Just make sure your tire type matches when you go to hand it in.
Appreciate 0