No 55mph
United_States
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport ->M6

Garage List
2016 BMW 435ix  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAK92 View Post
Yep, this is normal. There are no drain holes. Again, someone posted a pic with a hole drilled into the plastic to allow the water to drain. I just donít know whatís underneath so not sure if thatís a safe option.

Every time I was my 2016 435i, after rinsing, I immediately open the hood and take an old towel and blot out the pooled water in those areas first. Itís not just become a habit to get that water out.
I drilled a hole on my 435 - the water will then drain down to the lower piece of plastic exactly where the little 'funnel' is that directs rest of water down thru the normal drain route to underneath the car

Been that way for yrs, no harm done, there is nothing in the path of the water draining that will get damaged

Just because BMW didn't put one there originally doesn't mean that putting a hole in is a bad thing - there is a TSB out for the very bottom drain vent that BMW DID put in that needs to be removed due to the fact that it clogs and water will NOT drain completely - so it's not like BMW engineering is foolproof
F32 435ix//Mineral Gray Metallic//Black Dakota Leather//Alum Blade Trim//M Sport Pkg//Prem Pkg//Tech Pkg//Driver Assist Pkg//Lighting Pkg//Cold Weather Pkg//Dyn Handling Pkg//HK Sound+BavSound Stg2//763M Wheels//M4 Mirrors w/OEM CF Covers//MPerf Pedals-CF Rear Spoiler-LED Sills-CF Shift Knob/Surround/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//MPE w/CF Tips+CGP VSC-1//Dinan CF Intake//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/DV+//AA OBD Flash Tune Stg2