View Single Post
      12-28-2015, 09:13 AM   #35
hrvojehk
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
So i have accumulated all the parts over the past few months with the exception of the door wiring harness. And like Roxxor, i'm having difficulty tracking down the wiring harness for inside the door for a US car with the options my car has. Couple of questions.

You mentioned above, you bought a 1M & 3M (i understand you later realized you needed a right angle connector) but why did you order a 1M & a 3M? Were you not sure a 1M would be long enough to reach from the mirror to the door harness connector so you bought a 3M as well??? So which length was correct if we try to have that seller on ebay make a cable with the straight end on one side & L connector on the other?
When I was investigating about the retrofit I couldn't find any information what's included in #61119281258 wiring harness. I thought it's only side view harness (without top view) so I decided to buy HSD cables on eBay that will (hopefully) connect side mirror with the ECU directly. 1m HSD was intended for the left sideview mirror and 3m for the right. When I've received the #61119281258 I saw that additional cables are included in the set. If I knew that before, I'd buy 2x1m cables to try to use them instead of OEM door wiring harness. But the idea didn't work out and I've decided to buy the OEM door wriring harness.

If you decide to order the cable from the seller on eBay, make sure you send him the correct pin number connections!
The cable I've bought didn't have correct pin mapping. I think BMW uses pin connections 1-4, 2-3, 3-2, 4-1 and the cable had 1-2, 2-1, 3-4, 4-3. For more details regarding pin numbers, please use Rheingold.

Quote:
Here is what i have been able to find on the door harness...

I think the new part # EUR version of the Driver side door with all options (i.e. Comfort access, auto dip, electric seat adjuster, light package and surround view) = 61129259985. The passenger door with those same options would be = 61129313649.
I don't agree with you. If you take a second look at #61129259985 you'll see "Surround View S5DLA=No". It means there are no camera connectors.

Quote:
Any reason we couldn't use the EU cable in US cars???
I'm not an expert, but I can't see why it wouldn't work.

Quote:
Real OEM Europe door wiring harness

hrvojehk, why did you order 61129259975 over say 61129259985? Do you not have comfort access, memory mirror seat??? I notice on 61129259975 the options are "or" and not "and"?
I ordered 61129259975 instead of 61129259985 because "or" means that the wiring harness has all connectors stated, but you don't have to use all of them.

My car is equipped with Comfort access, auto dip, light package (and now Surround view

Quote:
The best I can find on the US part # still doesn't seem like it has all the options my car has. The passenger door does, but not the driver side door.

I feel fairly confident the US passenger door for my car would be 61129313649 for Comfort access "and" auto dip "and" electric seat adjuster "and" light package "and" surround view...

However the driver side door is the issue... 61129259991 it's missing options like "Comfort access & Light package". So that is why i am confused:

Real OEM US door wiring harness
I don't think you can use #61129313649 for the rerofit since it's stated: "Surround View S5DLA=No". I did a quick research about the US # that you could use, but with no luck.

If I were you, I'd call and ask my local dealer what's the difference between the EUR and US harnesses.
Appreciate 0