Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 ZCP Mineral White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbmando View Post
Thanks for the response.

Info:

A small number of zero-series vehicles (very early production vehicles) were sold as used after they were no longer needed for Volkswagen internal use. (READ VW TESTED SOFTWARE SIMILAR TO THE DIESELGATE TO SEE IF IT CAN BE DISCOVERED). Volkswagen has discovered that documentation about possible modification(s) made during the internal use period may be incomplete. (READ,OH SHIT, WE FORGOT TO REMOVE THE SOFTWARE).
Because of this, Volkswagen cannot verify that the vehicles comply with all applicable regulatory requirements. (READ: AINT NO WAY IN HELL THIS CAR IS PASSING EPA STANDARDS). Out of an abundance of caution, Volkswagen has decided to recall ... (READ: CRAP, I HOPE WE DONT GET CAUGHT WITH OUR PANTS DOWN AGAN)
Vehicles affected by this recall cannot be repaired. (READ: AT LEAST NOT WITHOUT ERRASING ALL PROOF). Because of this, Volkswagen is only offering a repurchase (buy back) program for this recall. Volkswagen will work with affected owners to complete the vehicle repurchase process as quickly as possible, FREE of charge.
Time is of the essence. (READ: WE ARE STILL PAYING BACK THE $20B FROM THE LAST SCANDAL).
VW has been a disappointment for the last several years and it is unlikely that we will ever purchase another one. My capitalized editorial comments aside, I wonder if there is a way to test independently if this is similar to the diesel gate saga.
Appreciate 0