Thread: M4 vs 435i
View Single Post
      08-12-2018, 03:45 PM   #26
enjoythemusic
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 435i Dinan Stage 4

Interesting as yes old thread yet imho very relevant. Also drove the M4 versus 435i before deciding on the 435i. Considering the Dinan, M LSD, ER, DV+, Fabspeed expenses... some of which came with car deal, easily take the 435i over the M4. Yes it is personal preferences on suspension 704, etc, ....

For me, MY preference, the modded 435i has incredibly smooth and powerful delivery all the way to redline. The 8AT is really well-tuned for daily and fun use. Smooth car in comfort, and nicely smooth delivery with ease of exceptional power in Fun Mode. The M4 seemed rough around the edges and **too eager** to deliver power. M4 sounds nice.... i make more power with far quieter cabin. Also makes enjoying music more, well, enjoyable.

The M4 steering 'feel' was the single-worst POS i ever felt in a car bar none. The 435i isnt much better, yet it is better.

My wife's 2013 X1 is a blast to drive for what it is. Steering feel is epic and handling is surprisingly balanced fun... for a N20 powered car on Michelin tires.

Jmho ymmv

Keep the shiny side up.and enjoy the drive.

Steven
2014 435i M-Opt, M LSD, Dinan CAI/IC/BTurbo/Stage 4, ER TIC/CP, GFB DV+, Fabspeed HJS cat DP & Mich PS4S.

Last edited by enjoythemusic; 08-12-2018 at 03:53 PM..
Appreciate 0