View Single Post
      06-04-2021, 01:06 PM   #8
tootthekazoo
Rep
Drives: 2013 ActiveHybrid 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by paimon.soror View Post
^^ Great info thanks!

So fortunately or unfortunately, this is my first accident in a long time. Previously I had Statefarm and I remember that my insurance essentially took care of everything (i.e. drop the car off at a local shop, my insurance adjuster comes out, and then goes after the other insured)

This time around i have progressive. I originally opened a claim through my insurance, but today the claim rep called me and told me it would be better for me to go through the other guy's insurance and file a claim. I obliged, but then i got to thinking "dont i pay insurance to represent me..."/"what if the guys adjuster doesn't properly assess the damage"/"how long am i sitting here waiting for their adjuster to come out".

Seems bizarre that my insurance pointed me away...
Better to go through the other carrier. That way you receive a rental for as long as the repair takes, don't have to pay your deductible, and will see no increase to your premiums. Even if you aren't at fault, if your company has to do anything on your behalf then you are SOL with regards to everything I listed above.

Since it was just a parking lot thing there isn't really much to be disputed for the repairs, so there isn't much for your own company to "represent" you for. PM me if you have any other questions. Good luck!
Appreciate 0