View Single Post
      11-12-2017, 08:45 AM   #2
Curt2000
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '93 Supra Turbo

Phase 1 OEM++
Over the years of modifying BMWs I recall my initial mindset of caring only about cheap speed. This mindset manifested as pride in my ability to make my car, a '07 335i at the time, as fast as possible with as little investment as possible. It had nothing to do with the fact that I was a young professional on a budget . As I matured, my salary matured with me and I found myself able to afford more expensive models and more expensive modifications and to be honest I went over-board with my E92 M3, complete with supercharger, roll cage, and racing seats...It was incredible but also uncomfortable and stressful to drive. My F80 build was focused on the things I liked most from my more extreme builds in the past and left out the mods that caused stress and discomfort like the racing seats and tweaked out motor. Carry over items were the KW Clubsport suspension, BMW M performance interior bits, and customized bits from iND.

This brings us to the first phase of this build which I have dubbed OEM++. I've come to appreciate the M Performance line for a few reasons.

1. All the parts are 100% OEM fitment which equates to a guaranteed no-headache install process.
2. A lot of M Performance line products are re-branded top tier parts from manufacturers like Brembo and KW.
3. While these parts are not as extreme as some other aftermarket offerings they have become surprisingly affordable, especially through high volume retailers like bmwpartspros.

In addition to M Performance parts I have chosen to go with DINAN for the performance enhancements of sport exhaust and tune. The B48 is still pretty new and one of the first companies to come out with parts is DINAN due to their close relationship with BMW and skilled team of engineers. From years of experience of modding BMW motors I have learned that cheap speed often comes with limp mode, boost leaks, problem at the dealership, and flame wars when troubleshooting/notifying the community of your problems. DINAN parts come with a limited warranty on top of your existing warranty and typically are sold/installed at our local BMW dealer.

All of this boils down to one thing, OEM quality plus OEM fitment plus performance with no stress about warranty or compatibility problems....OEM++

-M Performance Front Splitter
-M Performance Rear Diffuser
-M Performance Side Skirt Extensions
-M Performance Brake Kit
-BMW Roof Racks
-DINANTronics tune
-DINAN Sport Exhaust w/Black Tips

Former Car: '16 SUNBURST GOLD F80 ///M3--6MT/Carbon Cloth (ED Thread)
Former Car:'13 SANTORINI BLUE E92///M3--6MT/Speed Cloth/ZCP(ED Thread)
INSTAGRAM:@C2KMotorsports

Last edited by Curt2000; 12-10-2017 at 07:14 PM..
Appreciate 8