04-10-2021, 08:27 AM   #206
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
I'm struggling to find a good dining table/chair (or set). Where should I look? All other furniture is from Ikea, but ikea's slacking in their stock game. It doesn't need to be fancy at all, but looking online I can't find anything that's under $300...
A new set under $300 will almost certainly need to be RTA. Walmart and Target have some decent looking stuff but not sure if you can get a whole set for $300.

Another alternative is to shop consignment shops or even yard sales. People get rid of nice furniture for a lot of reasons and you might find a deal there.

If budget is more like $300/piece as opposed to $300 total, try finding a retailer of Amish furniture. They have a ton of choices at pretty reasonable prices for high quality furniture. Of course their styles are bound in a range of choices and you won’t find contemporary designs there. But they are good value for the quality of you find something you like. We bought some furniture from this place, including a great deal on a coffee table on close out, but these types of places are all over the place I think:

https://www.heartlandamish.com/