Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 Msport EBII RWD 6SM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can258
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can258 View Post
How did you get the email to work. I just updated idrive to latest and also i have the ios6 final release. I can see the imessages on the screen but i still cant see the emails eventhough i upgraded everything. What may be the cause of this ?
It just worked after setting up as follows... along with doing the new update. Hope this helps.

1. Update to UPD01005 - get it here http://************/8rfueat
Your car must have the Enhanced Bluetooth option for the Office functionality to work.

2. On the iDrive go to Telephone > Configure Bluetooth and turn on Office.

3. On the iDrive go to Menu and select Office > Messages > and select All messages to be displayed.

4. On the iPhone go to Settings > Messages and make sure Messages are set to Send and Receive.

5. On the iPhone go to Settings > Notifications > Messages and make sure notifications are on, and set to View in Lock Screen. I haven't tested every combination for the notification settings, but I have mine set as follows.
- Notification Center is On
- Show 5 Recent Items
- Alert Style is Banners
- Badge App Icon is On
- Show Preview is On
- View in Lock Screen is On

6. On the iPhone go to Settings > Notifications > Mail and make sure notifications are on, and set to View in Lock Screen. Settings are same as number 5.

7. On the iPhone go to Settings > Bluetooth > and click on the BMW blue arrow link and make sure Show Notifications is selected.

8. To see the messages in the car your phone must be in the locked screen mode - so to test, send an email or text from another phone or computer.

I've only tested this on the iPhone 5 and will test with other iPhones later. So far it seems to be pretty reliable with this configuration and firmware update. The BMW firmware states this update is for the new iPhone 5 but does not mention iOS 6 in anyway. Not sure if there is a compatibility difference with other iPhones running iOS 6.
Thanks for the reply i tried everything step by step i still cant get it to work. I have uploaded a picture to this link can you check out what "additional phone" means and do i also have to tick it ?

https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A65qXGF1jl5eX
Same here, I followed all these steps and its the same as before: texts come in, emails don't. Hopefully an ios6 update down the road addresses this.
Appreciate 0