View Single Post
      03-31-2024, 05:53 PM   #19
M4Martin
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M4 Competition, Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffsmobileautoi View Post
I run into dumb things like this all the time in my shop. 2019 530i, customer states brake service interval light and brake lights are on. Had the vehicle at my shop a week before so I know for a fact the front and rear brakes, rotors and wear sensors are good. Tried to reset the light by holding the trip button blah, blah, blah. Unsuccessful every time. Tried all of the tricks mentioned here i.e. shorting the connector, using a scan tool etc. Nothing worked. Started reading around with the same answers everywhere. Finally found a post where some one had to set the time and date in order to reset his light. That got me thinking about a previous repair I had done on the car about 2 months prior. I replaced the steering wheel vibration generator. I disconnected the battery to keep the air bag from exploding in my face so naturally the date and time would need to be reset. See where this is going? Make sure the date and time are set. Trust me, I wasted 4 hours trying to figure this out before I figured it out with the help of some other smart mechanics out there. Just goes to show even the best mechanics can always use another perspective to help him diagnose a problem.
SOB I was going crazy trying to reset this on my G82. I disconnected the battery and I don't have the time set to automatically update. I was about to take my new sensor off and try to return it to bmw. Saved me a bunch time and headache!
Appreciate 0