04-23-2019, 07:55 AM   #47
cjlane
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC View Post
Here's the thread on coding for the F chassis: <link>

I agree on the F80 control arms in addition to the sway bars.... The F80 front LCAs have a nice spherical bearing that is an improvement over the F30 bushing; the F80 tension struts are a must to maintain proper front wheel geometry when the F80 LCAs are installed, but the F80 TSs have the same mushy bushing as the F30 version, so I went with Dinan mono balls in mine. Also, I swapped 4 of the 5 rear control arms (no after market option for the roll over strut) with Megan Racing arms with heim joints, and then put delrin bushings and spherical bearings in the OE roll over strut. Not to mention solid rear subframe bushings. No rubber anywhere in my suspension at this point, so the car feels pretty dialed. And yet it's still more comfortable on the street than my friend's stock BRZ.
What rear subframe bushings did you go with? I am worried about the possibility of damaging the rear subframe if I went with a solid aluminum type mount.

People seem to like to reference the M3 having solid mounts, but the F80 subframe is better reinforced than the F30.
2014 F30 335i xDrive 6MT - Pure Stage 2 GFB DV / Inlet | XDI-35 HPFP | Fuel-It PI w/ AIC and LPFP Upgrade | BM3 | Fabspeed Catted DP | Dinan axle back | VRSF Race FMIC/CP | Dinan CAI | KW V3 | Wiechers CF strut bar | Dinan ARB | Spec stage 2+ clutch SMFW | Full M Performance Interior | M Performance BBK | Vorsteiner VFF107 MPS4S | Jordan Tuned Full E85 - 558WHP/520TQ on Mustang Dyno
Appreciate 1