Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by movietub View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Try reading the Estimate in OP and tell us how many Dealers charge $52 an hour for labor.....or any Independent worth a damn that charges that little that you claim would Undercut the price.

Furthermore, you are arguing the owner of a vehicle has no right on where their vehicle is repaired. Are you one that also piles on against Insurance Companies telling posters to get their car repaired where they want in an accident? Cannot have it both ways.

And finally, they should charge MSRP. I’m shocked they didn’t. It’s the OPs Insurance that should be paying. Not the OP.
I'm not arguing that at all, I think if the insurance is paying out they will arrange the fix, so who cares where they choose, if they do choose. That has nothing to do with this case however, as it isn't the OP's own car. My point is that the OP should ask if the dealer is telling them the price they would give a new customer, or if they are asking for the money just to cover costs to get the car back into good order.

I think it's a fair question - although from your comments it sounds like you think the $1100 is quite cheap, so maybe they are already doing it for 'cost', or less than normal at least.

My point was that there is a difference between a dealer being fair about how to sort out an unfortunate incident so that they are not left with a damaged car.. Or instead choosing to pounce on a customer to effectively get their car repaired and make some extra profit in doing so.
They are losing money as they need to disclose the "new" car has been repainted.

And that you think an Individual Owner’s rights are different than a Dealer owning the car is comical.

Again, OP paying same deductible whether bill is $600, $1200 or $2400. So asking for discount is mute.

Last edited by IK6SPEED; 12-10-2018 at 05:52 PM..
Appreciate 0