01-21-2019, 07:28 PM   #17
perryo91
Captain
Uganda
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperfectluck View Post
I agree with the guys that have said its dependent on the tune that you're running as I'm FBO on a custom BM3 tune and with my last set of stock N55 spark plugs (F30 335i here), on WOT when calling for boost the car would have that hesitation and decided that on a misfire that I had recently, I'd grab the N20 plugs (gapped to 0.22 if I recall correctly). Just had them put in this morning (mind you it's 13 °F here in NY) and the car felt smooth not only in the power delivery but just the rough shifts that I had for a while felt a lot better as I manually roll through the autobox.

Given that you're also in the NY/NJ area like myself, I'll probably take a trip to the car wash in hopes of removing the salt that was dropped on the road when there was no snow storm..

Of course we aren't apples to apples as I'm on a custom tune vs your JB4 but just giving my 0.2 cents as the plugs were my issue and my tuner felt the same as I did when I had the first misfire

EDIT: Car was run was successful and definitely turned out to be my spark plugs, shame I didn't do them sooner.
By rough shifts did you by any chance feel rough auto-shifting? Especially when the car was cold? I'm only Stg1 and the first shift of the morning is always delayed, and just other shifts beyond that are kind of like it's slamming into gear? Not aggressively where its rocking the car but just not super smooth almost like it's not letting the clutch slip a little