View Single Post
      02-13-2014, 12:54 PM   #46
MyFastM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
As I previously wrote, and this document confirms, the KAFAS camera / ECU is used for SLI, LDW, and HBA, unless car has HBA only, in which case it gets cheaper FLA Camera / ECU. The new FCW is also part of KAFAS, so the TRSVC (side and top view cameras) have nothing to do with any of these options.

Here are the relevant option codes involving KAFAS:

5AC High-beam assistant
5AD Lane departure warning
5AS DRIVING ASSISTANT
5AT DRIVING ASSISTANT PLUS
8TH SPEED LIMIT INFO

5AS is 5AD Lane Departure Warning w/ Collision Warning
5AT is 5AS with added 5DF Active Cruise Control with Stop & Go function and in some cases the new 5AR Traffic Jam Assistant function.

According to the document, LDW supposedly also includes basic Collision Warning Without Braking, If this is correct, it is something new as LDW originally did not have this capability, It also a source of confusion for me as when we talk of FCW (Forward Collision Warning), it is not clear if it is 5AD or 5AS or both.

In any event, you will not find a VO Code to set LDW on by default, so you will have to find the FDL Code. The ANZEIGEVARIANTE FDL Code is what it is in first generation KAFAS ECU, but with KAFAS2, it must be something else:

Attachment 977754
Confirmed in KAFAS2 there is no ANZEIGEVARIANTE.....

So something to ask:
I have added:

5AC High-beam assistant <--- Had this already from factory
5AD Lane departure warning <--------- Added this via VO and coded
5AS DRIVING ASSISTANT <----------- Recently added this as well
5AT DRIVING ASSISTANT PLUS <------ I am assuming this is for ACC?

Is the night camera something COMPLETELY DIFFERENT or uses same kit?

I also saw some info on LDW and FCW being linked to keys interesting: I still (on my key) dont get the LDW lights showing in the Kombi when I boot up the car. I used my spare key the LDW and FCW car showed.....

Here are the errors I have been getting:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0