03-10-2015, 02:57 PM   #57
Chris@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
Rep

Drives: AW F30 328i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
well, my dealer told me they cant get that cable in the US. its not the fact that the part came from germany, my control unit bracket was only a Germany item & they were able to get that no problem... If you look at realoem or the link that someone posted above, if you select your car was a USA build, the retrofit cables are no longer an option. If i select a Europe build for example, amazing i have a retrofit cables option (same for realoem btw)

lots of us also use tischer BMW at getbmwparts.com as they have the best prices i've seen for OEM parts... item not found. This BMW dealership out of Atlanta that keeps popping up on searches... part not found.

So several of us have been speaking from experience, things are different for us on these retrofit cables in the US. Please post the dealership & the price you paid. I ended up ordering my retrofit cables from Bimmertech & paid about $700 for 3 cables. so please let us know what dealer you found b/c i want to order future retrofit cables & don't want to pay Patryk's prices. It wasn't exactly an easy process either & took about 2-3 weeks to get my cables.
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidlyboy View Post
I just ordered my 66202339614 rear pdc retrofit cable/kit from Partsale.eu (same place roxxor ordered some of his parts). It was only 87 euro ($93 usd) for the cable. I'm getting tired of this us/non-us part availability BS...
Im not sure what the dealer used to search it up but they were able to find it no problem and order it for me.
Im still waiting for it to arrive but once they do ill take a picture of the invoice for you.

another thing you can try is ordering the cable itself instead of the kit
part number is this:
I didnt see this part number until after i ordered 66202339614
but according to my dealer that i go to
66202339614 is $138 for the whole kit (which is just a manual, the cable and cable ties)
61122295873 is $76 just the cable.

Not sure if the manual and zip ties are worth double the price...but that is what it is...

these prices are in Canadian...and it went up cause our dollar has gone to shit....will probably be cheaper for you guys down in the states asuming your dealer can get it for you.

if your dealer still cant find it send me a pm. i can give you a contact at my local dealership and maybe they will ship it down to you guys.
Appreciate 0