View Single Post
      08-29-2020, 04:23 PM   #470
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M240i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarek@JRAuto View Post
MG Flasher update v241

As you may recall from our last post, we announced the development of the TCU 8HP torque limiter removal on the G20 M340i and Supra and today it is being delivered for new generation B58/B48 Beta Users! Furthermore, there is no need to reflash the transmission control module! We provide a user interface that allows adjustability of the maximum torque value (up to 1000 Nm) giving the user full control over total engine output on both B48 and B58 vehicles. As an added bonus, if you choose to let your significant other or relative get their hands behind the wheel this will serve as a valet option where you can lower the total output to a value lesser than stock (minimum 250 Nm). After you update to the latest Custom Code v0.1 on your ECU (~4-minute flash), this change is then added to the calibration area of the ECU. Thereafter, it will be a quick flash of under 30-seconds (when using ENET)!

The internal torque limitation of the factory transmission software in the G20 M340i, Supra and other G series models is 550 Nm, anything past this torque value (which is normally seen on Stage 1 and up) will immediately trigger a TCU limiter that will activate a torque reduction module within your ECU to prevent you from making more power. There is no solution on the market to program the new generation 8HP51 transmission yet, so we decided to create own solution and provide our users with optimal engine tuning software. With only our engine ECU modification, we have been able to completely remove this limitation and can now offer software calibration on MG Flasher without the need for any transmission tuning (regarding main torque limitation). With this implementation there is no need to skew the torque/load calculation model maps within the ECU to keep the limiter from triggering therefore giving us an unaltered torque value that is true within the ECU and TCU. This allows for accurate calculations, smooth shifting and no software trickery. Obviously, there will always be benefits to tuning the transmission software however this solution can now provide people with newest 8HP the option for optimal engine tuning without the need to re-calibrate the transmission software.

Supported models:
G20/G21/G28 - 320i/330i/M340i
G29 - Z4 sDrive20i/sDrive30i/M40i
G07 - X7
G06 - X6
G05 - X5
G02 - X4 (New ECU revision)
G01 - X3 (New ECU revision)
G11/G12 - 730i/730Li & 740i/740Li
G14/G15/G16 - 840i/840i
G30/G31/G38 - 520i/530i/540i
G32 - 630i/640i
J29/A90 - Toyota Supra

We are constantly working on providing users with the most advanced technology in ECU development and are always striving to serve you better. We take your feedback and input seriously and will always do our best to go above and beyond for you all. Follow us if you want to stay up to date on the latest and greatest projects in the works. We look forward to the Beta feedback and wish you all a great rest of the week!

Sincerely,
The MG Flasher Team
www.mgflasher.com

Note: App update is awaiting Apple and Google review, should be ready to download by the end of the day.
Thts for us f-series ppl ?
I m confused, this will be freaking awesome if so !
Appreciate 0