02-03-2020, 10:55 PM   #346
baldeagleman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzBMR View Post
That's a better log to look at. When did you flash the tune and how many miles since flashing it?

The car is having some persistent timing corrections throughout the run, indicating not enough octane for the boost and timing in the map. Timing Delta for knock should be at 0 and by the end of the run is at -1, indicating some knock is occurring.

Can you get better fuel? What are you using?

The other unusual thing I noticed was your fuel rail pressure dropping quite a bit below target from 2400 RPM through to about 5500 RPM. Should stay at 2900 PSI on that map unless you're blending some ethanol, but then your timing should be a lot better.

The car got to 16 PSI at 2400 RPM, which is really early.

The Virtual Dyno should look like this if you save the data file correctly.

I am using Citgo 93 octane (I think contains 10% ethanol). I have had a drivetrain malfunction error a couple times in the last two months when I was running JB4 + MHD BEF. Today I swapped to just MHD stage 2 for 93oct/98 RON so I literally did this flash a few hours ago. I haven't ever done anything to my sparkplugs and I wonder if they were the culprit in the drivetrain malfunction.

Side note, the MHD stage 2 flash seems way faster than my JB4/MHD BEF setup. I reckon I mustve messed up somewhere along the process of setting that up. Is there anything else I should look at to fix these logs?
Appreciate 0