Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech UnRaveled View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by luca10 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Get used to it, the thirst for more power never ends unfortunately. A few things I've learned that I can share
- catless downpipe for sure. Required anyways for stage 2.
- b58tu fuel pump if your sticking with stock turbo, dorch stage 2 for upgraded turbo. I thought I'd stay stock turbo but then again, the thirst for more power kicked in and I'm ready for a Vargas GC. I'll be limited with the b58tu so now I need dorch stage 2.
- custom tune, ots maps are great but you will want to max out power. A quality custom tune will get you max power within safe limits.
- spark plugs gapped to .022 anywhere stage 2 or stage 2+, 0.20 for upgraded turbos
- if you have ethanol near by, e85 mixes make a big difference. Just started using it recently, e85 is a hell of a drug
Do you have a downpipe you would recommend? They seem to greatly range in price and I'm not sure what the difference is.
I've been running vrsf catless for a while now as many others do on here. Cheap and built well, I recommend it
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Get used to it, the thirst for more power never ends unfortunately. A few things I've learned that I can share
- b58tu fuel pump if your sticking with stock turbo, dorch stage 2 for upgraded turbo. I thought I'd stay stock turbo but then again, the thirst for more power kicked in and I'm ready for a Vargas GC. I'll be limited with the b58tu so now I need dorch stage 2.
- custom tune, ots maps are great but you will want to max out power. A quality custom tune will get you max power within safe limits.
- spark plugs gapped to .022 anywhere stage 2 or stage 2+, 0.20 for upgraded turbos
- if you have ethanol near by, e85 mixes make a big difference. Just started using it recently, e85 is a hell of a drug
Do you have a downpipe you would recommend? They seem to greatly range in price and I'm not sure what the difference is.
I've been running vrsf catless for a while now as many others do on here. Cheap and built well, I recommend it
Cool, that's the one I was looking at getting. Should I also order new plugs?
At 1700 miles I really don't think you would need new plugs, you can always gap the stock plugs to the correct gap for stage 2. I believe the interval for changing plugs is around 20k but I will most likely change mine every 10-15k
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Cool, that's the one I was looking at getting. Should I also order new plugs?
At 1700 miles I really don't think you would need new plugs, you can always gap the stock plugs to the correct gap for stage 2. I believe the interval for changing plugs is around 20k but I will most likely change mine every 10-15k
Thanks, now I am on the hunt for the best priced VRSF downpipe.
Appreciate 0