View Single Post
      12-07-2016, 07:24 AM   #47
sensible
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 420i M-Sport Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzg1969 View Post

(only Sdrive I have had/driven was a 325i E46 and even with DSC on it would still let the back end go on a wet greasy roundabout)
I am being picky, both are great cars but I just prefer the S drive. The fact that the rear will give you a warning when you are pushing it is a plus point for me, and easy to correct. 4 wheel drives will hold on longer but then lose it big time and often there's no getting it back.

I was a Police officer for 30 years and spent 25 of those on Traffic and Motorway, and as a Forensic Collision Investigator that looked into handling issues in fatal crashes. Have driven lots of high powered cars of all types of drive dating back to the Ford Sierra Cosworth right up to modern day 335d's both in S and X-drive. Had one to one tuition at Mira test track on vehicle handling and pushing cars to their limits in the wet, dry and simulated snow and ice. One of the cars I used for that was a rear wheel drive M3.

All have their pro's and cons but I prefer the handling and predictability of the BMW S-drive.

Last edited by sensible; 12-07-2016 at 07:43 AM..
Appreciate 0