12-06-2018, 07:53 AM   #19
ViRUS_RiP
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by APJ View Post
Another problem with the random opening of tailgate's because of the key fob being in the pocket, have you seen the distance that your key fob will work from, i was in a car park last week, it wasn't full so just random cars parked about, like they do, i was at least 70 to 80 yards away, plipped the boot and up it went, i was thinking why on earth does it need to work from this far away, it also highlights another problem with your keys in the house a night and what do you do about the relay thiefs, i always thought if you took your keys upstairs at night then you should be safe. If it will work from 70/80 yards then you have no chance, unless you live in a huge palace, and who remembers to put them in a metal box every night !!
Completely agree on why the signal needs to stretch that length. Worse case for me was when I was in a block of flats visiting a family member, 3rd floor and at the rear of the building when somehow I must have pressed the boot release button in my pocket. Car was on the other side of the road as well, had a few walls etc between where I was and the car.

It's only until getting this case and waiting some time before I started keeping things in the boot!

Got one of those RFID pouches where I keep my keys in when at home from Amazon. Annoying though the measures we have to take these days...
Appreciate 0