06-21-2019, 09:02 AM   #2
IraHayes
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by saker View Post
So its about time I stop lurking and post something. I come to you guys with the worst day I have had in a long time. I woke up this morning to my DD 2014 425i RWD making a very very loud metal rattle and clanking noise from my rear end under very little acceleration. This happens whether the car has had time to warm up or from cold start. This happen whether the car is going straight forward or turning.

Heres a very bad clip of what I'm describing, I'm worried to take it any further than my gravel driveway since it is my DD -
You can somewhat hear the noise in the background and towards the end of the clip. I can't tell if its the exhaust flap/actuator to assist in muffling noise or something else. Brake dust shields aren't touching or close enough where i would say would scrape if there is bumps/vibration. Not sure what else it could be....please don't be the diff.

Any input is much appreciated.
I doubt it's the diff. To me it sounds like something is loose and rattling around. Maybe an exhaust hook has come free from its rubber hanger and is bouncing around? Has the car had any work done to it lately?

Last edited by IraHayes; 06-21-2019 at 11:51 AM..
Appreciate 0