View Single Post
      08-06-2018, 12:42 PM   #1
JaredG_F30
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i, M-Sport, Manual

*** OFFICIAL bootmod3 de-cat with OBD readiness THREAD***

So I'm sure anyone who has searched this forum for a solution to pass state inspection and emissions testing knows, there isn't a good solution for a 2014+ F30 with catless downpipes. Many people have tried the CATSim/Area 54/VRSF DP fix with no success. Others have tried bung spacers and various other bolt on fixes, again without success. Currently, I only know of one fool-proof way to pass and that is to replace our catless DP's with the stock DP and run it just long enough to pass emissions testing. I have heard of tuners that would make an "off-road" custom tune that suppress the de-cat CEL but also show system readiness and will pass the OBD emissions test. I have yet to find a tuner that will do this. So, being that bootmod3 allows any user to edit a copy of their stock tune, I was hoping we could pull together as a community and figure this out once and for all.

I'll start with this. I have set myself up as a tuner with allows me to copy and edit my stock map. I've called it "Stock Tune MOD". After clicking on the "Stock Tune MOD" map I can choose to edit the map. Once authenticated via typing in the VIN I enter the map editor. There is a whole section devoted to "de-cat" as well as "startup" which seems to be mostly associated with the cat-heating cycle. In the "de-cat" section there are 1-9 de-cat tables. I'm assuming one or more of these are associated with the de-cat monitor and possibly system readiness. All are set to 1.00, in stock form, which I'm assuming is on, and if set to 0.00 would be off. I'm hoping that someone with more knowledge of tuning can help me out here.
Attached Images

2014 F30 335i, M-Sport, 6MT, V804s, custom exhaust, CTS Turbo Intake & IC, FTP CP, VRSF DP, TMS Strut Brace, BM3 Stg 2, AEM WMI, H&R Sport Springs (381 whp, 429 wtq on Cali 91oct before WMI).
SPI Films Blog/DIY Vids
Appreciate 3
aps335.50