Thread: 328d Issues
View Single Post
      12-29-2018, 06:23 PM   #36
gryffishhawk
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014_328d and 2018_328d

2014_328d_Engine_Surge

On my 2014 328d the engine will surge a bit from time-to-time after coming to a stop--such as at a stop light. If I shift into Park while at the stoplight the surging stops and the engine idles smoothly. I took it in to the BMW service center just before the warranty period ended and the BMW service department said the car was within BMW specs but after a day or two of driving the service center finally experienced the surge. They compared the air flow with a new BMW and said they thought mine pressure was too low and so replaced a sensor--maybe the mass airflow sensor?--anyway, that was about a year ago and the surging still occurs from time-to-time and just curious if anyone else has experienced similar.

BtW--awesome car!! I’ve gotten in excess of 60mpg on highway drives and daily city/highway driving averages in the 50s mpg. Disappointed that this is the last year a german diesel sedan will be available in the US market because (other than the surging annoyance above) the car is damn near perfect and a joy to drive. In just over five years, I’ve literally spent less than $500 on maintenance--(the car came with free maintenance for the first four years).
Appreciate 0