11-17-2017, 12:46 PM   #35
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobby Clark View Post
That’s part way through the term which as I have always said, is entirely expected.

The financial ability comes from having the money to pay the ballon.
I have always talked about buying cars not renting them which is what you are doing if you opt for a new car at the end of term. Therefore, if you were intending to buy, the capital should be there.

The subject being discussed was someone asking if they could buy their VTd car back because the market value tanked. Not go and buy a new one. It’s pretty much the same situation as being at the end of a pcp term and the unlikely event that the GFV is significantly less than the market value of the vehicle. If this was a real probability you would hand the car back and buy it at auction or wherever cheaper with the money you were going to pay the ballon with. Now please stop clouding the issue with irrelevant scenarios.
I beg to differ. I answered the question clearly of whether or not you can buy your VT'd car back earlier in the thread. You can't.

The usual waffle about buying, trade or private negative equity calculations etc was all brought back into the conversation by you.

I don't know why I get drawn into your one dimiensional, "this is the way I look at it, therefore it's the best" conversations.

Trade in works best for some for a variety of reasons, buying and selling private, VTing, or paying it off and keeping it for another 5 years, paying cash outright, for others. They all have their benefits, there is no "this way is the best way" and telling people they're calculating their negative equity wrongly is fine once, but give it a rest.
Appreciate 0