View Single Post
      02-15-2021, 08:28 AM   #1
kevmk81
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i, 2016 Odyssey SE

Brake noise on sweeping right hand turn on-ramp

Taking a local on-ramp in my '16 340i I'm hearing what sounds to me like brake rub. It's repeatable - but - it's only on this single specific on-ramp. I'm assuming the camber and angle of the ramp is just right to get the brakes to do this. Once I'm on the interstate all seems well. I'm not entirely sure which wheel it's coming from - too dang cold to drive with windows down right now - I wouldn't be able to focus on the sound. One thing to mention - when I use the e-brake when I park - when I start driving again there is brake rub until I use the brakes again, say at the next stop sign/street light. Once I drive off - the brake noise is gone. I found my 340i in January at a BMW dealership. The car fax report indicates that all the work the previous owner had done was at their local dealership, so I'm thinking, according to the report, that the only brake work that has been done has been a brake fluid flush/change. So at this point I believe the pads and rotors are original. Car has 36k miles. Any thoughts on what the rub is all about? I'm not really concerned right now but I can imagine it'll get worse. My gut feeling is the brake shield maybe, but that wouldn't affect the ebrake from fully releasing right? I'm brake mechanics ignorant.
Appreciate 0