View Single Post
      12-28-2012, 01:29 PM   #310
batislav
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i Sportline

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkTrigger View Post
It seems a lot of the reviews are becoming personal preference now. The 335i beat out the ats and c350 in performance numbers both in the figure 8 and drag. However, it got dead last because of creeks and rattles and it's 6k price premium in the latest motortrend article. Although, I think they breezed over the practicality part where the 335i trunk is 17cuft while the caddy is 10cuft and had the only back seat that comfortably sat a 6' person.

You must understand though that the article started with, "I think the problem here is that we've got three second-place cars." Only way to break the tie are with minor things. The caddy shamelessly copied the 3 series anyways, and the 3 series hasn't really changed that much in driving dynamics regardless of what people say.
I guess I should be happy that I have a first place car--no creaks and rattles over the first 10,000 miles.

I think the reviewers confuse things because of their lack of focus on practical aspects. I have a 5 months old at home. The only car of the ones listed above that can comfortably fit his car seat and incidentals is the 335i. I can't be the only person who wants performance and room for a third.
Appreciate 0