View Single Post
      01-12-2015, 04:02 PM   #12
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris82 View Post
There just isn't enough money in those kind of projects. Don't forget we had the E92 M3 GTS, that came damn close to what you're asking for.
M3 GTS doesn't count. I loved the S65 but the E9x M3 was just damn big TBH, and a couple hundred pounds too heavy. I came very close to buying one several times. But I could never get comfortable with how large it felt.

Whatever happened to developing cars to flex your R&D muscle? To show what you could do? To let your engineers have some fun for once? And the i8 doesn't count here either, that car is so restrained it just has engineer job hate written all over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRV99 View Post
BMW keep breaking sales numbers. They don't give two shits about losing 1 BMW enthusiast if they gain 5 BMW lemmings by making BMW's like every other luxury brand.
And there is so much truth in this unfortunately. The 1M would have been a great niche car and instead of selling it for years along side the M3 as they should have, they did a limited run. Look how popular it is, and there are so few of them most of those will never REALLY see the outside of a garage, or a corner in the rain. And it's not like it wasn't popular from the get go, people couldn't even get an allocation for it.

BMW has to know they have an untapped market. Has it really gotten to the point that they aren't willing to make the car just because it wont make them AS MUCH money as their lemming-mobiles?

Damn shame.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-terkait View Post
M235i racing edition is close to this CSL.

Last edited by ShocknAwe; 01-12-2015 at 04:10 PM..
Appreciate 0