View Single Post
      07-28-2018, 09:09 AM   #11
alopolo
Rep
Drives: 14 BMW 328xi BM3 StgII

I had my thermostat just fail at 44,000km on my 2014 328xi and right when my warranty expired. Dealer refused to cover it and email with BMW canada was fruitless. Now the passenger wiper motor failed, it just seems like this car is falling apart even though i babied it all its life. I’m very disappointed with BMW Canada and never buying one again whilst i live in Canada. surprisingly the engine is in very good condition given all the bad rep the N20 receives.

Quote:
RE: Message from BMW.CA [1-12734051286]
Dear Mr. xxxx:

Thank you for your reply.

Please note that BMW Canada and BMW United States are completely separate and independent entities; any recalls or extended warrant campaigns issued by BMW United States are not automatically applicable to Canadian-specification vehicles. If you would like to discuss the reason for the thermostat failure and why a replacement was necessary, we invite you to contact the team at BMW Richmond Hill Service Center. While we are saddened to read of your dissatisfaction, we cannot provide you with further assistance.

If you have any further comments, please reply to this email or contact the Customer Interaction Centre at 1-800-567-2691. Again, thank you for contacting BMW Canada.

Sincerely,

Evan xxxx
BMW Canada
another rep from bmw.ca
Quote:
Dear Mr. xxxx:

Thank you for contacting BMW Canada regarding your 2014 BMW 328xi. We appreciate your inquiry.

Please be advised that at this time, our internal records indicate that there are no outstanding recalls or warranty extensions for your vehicle. We will notify you in writing if an applicable recall is released in the future.

It is important to note that BMW Canada provides a manufacturer's warranty that is valid for four years or 80,000 km, whichever should come first. This warranty is in place to cover any manufacturer's defects during the warranty parameters. Our records indicate that this coverage expired on April 26, 2018 for your vehicle. Once the warranty period has ended, any necessary repairs are the responsibility of the owner of the vehicle. We sincerely hope you can understand our position in this regard.

If you have any further comments, please reply to this e-mail or contact the Customer Interaction Centre at 1-800-567-2691. Again, thank you for contacting BMW Canada.

Sincerely,

Amber xxxxx
BMW Canada
Appreciate 0