tex2670
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 X1 28i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefneil View Post
4 evaporators in 5 years with my X5, around 12-15 window regulators over 10 years between my E46 and E53. When I'm buying a new BMW I tend to skip features in order to not have more stuff to break. Although it's kinda hard to avoid windows and a/c.

To be fair, no real issues with my F30 after 4 years, although the oil pan gasket was just replaced this week at the very end of the warranty.
The Progressive commercial "Dad Support Group" has merit to it--my dad would never order power windows because they were the "first thing that breaks." Do I believe that a pop out backup camera will be more likely to break--yes; will I avoid buying a car with one--no. I don't subscribe to the "first thing that breaks" mantra; mine is the "over-engineering for no real purpose" mantra. Like cars that still have a pop-up nav screen--why? Just to look cool. Every function is now controlled with the screen--why would it ever be down? Same with the Jaguar dial gearshift. These are cost-cutting items I could get behind.
Appreciate 1
jeffc83725.00