FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by liveevil View Post
The ride is higher with b8?
Bilstein dampers raise the ride height for a couple of reasons. In the front the spring pad base isn't as slanted/curved as the OE base, and seems to be placed a bit higher than the OE struts. Additionally you have much higher gas forces exerting an additional 40-50lbs of force upwards. So if you were to calculate the compression of your springs you'd subtract 40-50lbs per corner to see the true amount of compression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS_SN View Post
steering feel.
i am blown away by how much more responsive the steering feels. Previously with stock shocks there was vagueness and understeer but with b8 and acs springs the steering in comfort mode goes exactly where u point and back follows through. I would say it has gone from understeer and vagueness to great steering feel in comfort and tad bit oversteer.

If there is a 90 degree turn in the road to the left and i turn left the left front wheel goes close to the kerb and left back wheel follows suit no touching the kerb. No drama. very surprising.

comfort and stability and other parameters review to follow soon...
This is due to the higher low-speed compression forces the Bilstein dampers have. Low speed damping controls body movements. Bilsteins are pretty overdamped, but likely pair better with the F34 vs F30 or F2x since it's heavier and has stiffer springs. A lot of aftermarket lowering/stiffer springs don't actually have as high rates as the F34 can come with stock.

Please don't PM me for suspension recommendations unless interested in paid private consultations.
Appreciate 2
KRS_SN13538.50