United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F36 GC M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedski View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftally View Post
Hey,

What kind of driving do you do? I mean do you drive to work, and for how many miles, what top speed do you reach?
Commute is 15 miles each way - 12 of that is motorway.

I slowly accelerate in comfort on the motorway until 60ish - when up to temp will got to 70ish - at the moment 4 miles of my commute is 50 mile average speed.

I do the commute at 0630 in the morning, so take it easy and wack the HK audio up loud to wake up
Oh Yeah, that was my first concern when I built the car, the sound system!

I would never settle for anything less than HK audio! The sound is amazing, 2 subwoofers under the seat vibrate your heart!

Financially the B&O sound system was more than the deposit for the car if i chose that option! Overpriced??? I've never heard the sound system, but that would be a dream come true one day...

I've had the opportunity to drive another 4GC Sport model, which had the standard BMW sound system. Utter shitness! Sound was flat, bass shit, mid and high tones sounded muffled. If I had this in my car, the driving experience would be completely ruined. I'm so happy I opted for the M-Sport plus pack. I would recommend this to anyone unless you don't like listening to music.

Yeah you can warm up the engine good with those speeds. I am stuck to just 30mph roads going to work and it's start stop with the engine stopping everytime time I stop. BMW says in the manual, to just start the car and drive instead of idling the car to warm up. Idling doesn't warm up the car quickly. They say instead the car when it's cold, holds the gear changes a bit longer in order to warm up the engine as you drive. So it will keep you in the lower gears and higher rev count before changing up.
Appreciate 0