Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: f30 328i 6MT Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mose121 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacklinUSOB View Post
So I have my car in the shop as I write this and I just got off the phone with them. While they haven't reported any issues as far as rubbing goes, my foreman was concerned with the extension of the tie rod ends and that they are very close to the end of adjustment to compensate for all the toe these add. He is estimating 1/4" on the threads where toe is true again and suggests this might not be exactly safe...

My question is, has anyone here ran into any issues with their tie rods in conjuncture with this upgrade?

I have done some searching across the board and I can't seem to find anyone even hinting at their tie rod arms not successfully accommodating the excess toe compensation. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Zero problems, please disregard. Hope this info helps others.
Anything ever come of this issue?
Not a thing. After over 10k miles, several track days, and a few pothole hits I put it in for a post-season inspection. The same foreman who raised those concerns said the front end was solid.
328i RWD | MW on CRed Slick Top | 6MT | BM3 | MPE | GPlus FMIC | CSF Radiator | Millway Street Camber Plates & Monoballs | KW V2 6k/18k Swift Springs | F80 LCA/TS | SPL Bump Steer Kit | APEX SM-10 | R-S4 | DS2500 | RBF600 | SS Lines |
Past: E36 328is & E38 740i
Appreciate 0