View Single Post
      01-29-2020, 05:06 PM   #550
B50AteYourRide
a bit obsessed
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 340i x Drive

I’m sorry to hear about the possible loss. Unfortunately this can and does happen in this game. Not all the time, but it does happen. I have broken a few motors in my day, but none with the price tag of a B58.

I think the next stage in the tuning market evolution of the B58 is to see engine offerings. Built short blocks, ported heads, etc. maybe...

With all these new turbo offerings and the fueling mostly sorted out, people are hitting new power levels. This should increase the number of broken engines, and the subsequent need for solutions to that. The problem right now is that the B58 is relatively new and not enough have blown up to really support offering replacements.

The timing is poor.

There is another guy on the forum who was building a motor with Darton sleeves after he had problems. That seems to have taken way more time and effort than was expected. He knows better than me what the options are. I would try to contact him. Tyler something.

A junk yard replacement will probably be your cheapest option. A built motor is surely possible, but how much and how long is another thing entirely. Probably not cheap.

You can find built N54 motors online for under $10,000, but those motors have been out for considerably longer. I hope we get there soon.

Good luck, I’m interested to see how it turns out.
Appreciate 0