Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red F30 328i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunkerJ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by take1step View Post
I think coolant/water temps are more of an issue with high power n20’s. I’ve seen water temps get to 230F on the stock radiator, I’ve got an upgraded turbo also.
I will be giving an additive a shot here soon for the water. However, if you have an aux oil cooler, your coolant temps will be lower as well.
Exactly this. You are rejecting less heat into the water since you remove the oil-water heat exchanger, and instead rejecting the oils heat to atmosphere through the oil-air cooler.

BunkerJ I did install it myself. I did it while I had the bumper off for my Depo headlight swap. With the bumper off and the cowl removed it was pretty easy.

My only issue was the bracket it came with positioned the oil cooler coil too low and it hit my FMIC. So I had to modify it slightly. I also had to trim the AN hose and reinstall the AN fittings to get the whole thing looking pretty.

Because of the extra volume in the system I also added 1 more quart of oil.

So far so good, but I've only had a 88f day so far nothing higher. Also my car came with the high temp pack.

I did reduced my tune to stage 1 for the time being to see how temps hold up. Going to slowly drive harder and harder and move to stage 2 and then 3 once I'm fully confident in the performance of the cooler.
Appreciate 0