View Single Post
      01-19-2019, 10:40 AM   #53
drock19
Registered
Rep
Drives: 15' 435xi Imperial Blue

I purchased the UP 7BMW amp and am pretty pumped to get it in. I have a question in regards to installing the sound set up on the amp before installation.

I have a F36 with the HiFi Sound System (676). I am trying to install the "Limousine" setup file, which is a ".afpx" type of file. I have a mac computer. When I try to open up the file on my computer it does not recognize it. There is a prompt that pops up when trying to open it, and it tries to find a app in Apple's app store that will open this type of file but still to no avail. It seems to me that this is a file written for a PC?? I have tried googling a .afpx file and it comes up with nothing! When you do google it, the only results that show pertains to .ASPX files and not .AFPX files.

I have searched this forum and could not find any info on this specific question. I also emailed Audiotec Fischer about this but they are now closed for the weekend and I was hopping to get this puppy installed over the weekend...lol

Thank you in advance if anyone has any info on this.

Sidenote: This is my first post on Bimmerpost! This is also my first BMW and sedan I have ever owned!...lol These cars are really incredible. I have always been a truck guy, but had the need for another vehicle so I bought my first BMW last June(2018). Holy Sh*t!!!!! Sooo much fun to drive, especially coming from a 2500 Silverado with a crew cab and an 8' bed!!!....LMAO
I literally have been obsessed with this forum, it has so much great info from a great bunch of people. I have driven BMW's before but never had owned one, so I did know, albeit in a limited capacity, how much fun these cars are to drive. However, I had no idea how customizable these cars can be in both cosmetics and performance. I am not sure what qualifies someone as an "enthusiast" but I think I'm on my way...lol

One more quick question. In terms of "stages" can you skip stages. For instance, with tuning software could you just jump "Stage 1" and go straight to a "Stage 2"? And this pertains to all things that are "Stages".

I would also like to give a shout out and thank you to Billfitz and Encanto for all of the valuable information you gentlemen post here.
Appreciate 0