View Single Post
      11-06-2020, 06:24 PM   #1
ak340
Rep
Drives: 340xi

Warning: Do not install dinan springs

I've been running the Dinan Springs on my BMW 340xi for about 10k miles now and I must say it has completely ruined my driving experience and is probably my biggest regret. For the first 1-2k miles it was perfect, the car was planted and no longer "floaty." After that it was all downhill. The car began banging and rattling after the slightest of bumps. First my cars alignment kept going out and I kept hearing clunking. Took it to the dealer only to find out that the control arm, strut, and the steering rack all were damaged. Dealer blamed it on springs, said should've never used Dinan, and I ended up having to go through insurance which wrote BMW a $15,000 check (and raised my premium).

Yesterday, a few thousand miles after that incident, I was driving and heard a huge THUD after going over a speed bump at less than 5mph. Pulled over to find out that my car was sitting on the floor on the driver side, the side opposite to last incident, with fluid leaking everywhere.

These springs completely ruined my experience with my car, so I advise anyone who's considering installing Dinan Springs to think twice!
Appreciate 0