10-15-2011, 12:55 PM   #106
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Im assuming you've not actually been inside of the F01 7-Series or the F10 5-Series. To say quality is down, your alone on that one...
I actually have. Quality has certainly improved significantly over the e60, but still left me wanting more. The plastics that were used for the volume and adjusting the temp settings just didn't feel quality. The buttons felt like they were going to come off. Though, the 5er is also just shows more of how BMW has lost it's way. Finishing every comparison test 3/3 because the aggressive feel and sportiness is gone. Thanks to the poorly thought out electric steering. The new Audi A6 has electric steering...but doesn't make me want to fall asleep at the wheel. The E60 even thought it was hideous did better then that. Remember the days when a BMW actually stood for something? When someone said BMW, you thought, Sporty..aggressive...in your face?

Now mention a BMW to someone and you'll get, You mean that luxo boat? Yeah, it makes a great cruiser. Like I said, I don't doubt BMW will continue to produce GREAT automobiles. They've just lost what made them standout...special....fun to drive.
Appreciate 0