07-13-2013, 08:20 PM   #27
jadnashuanh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535iGT x-drive; i3 BEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsedlak View Post
I assumed headroom because I figured the sedan was big enough to fit a car seat. Does it not fit bigger seats or something?
Plop a rear facing child seat behind you in an F30, then see how far you can move the driver's seat back, or recline if you're tall. Then, try it in an F07...the F07 is built on the 7-series short wheelbase chassis, so you get LOTS of 7-series refinements and size for 5-series price.

Until you've driven one on a long trip with a full load of adults, you don't know why it is in the market. My longest day was about 15-hours and over 1,000-miles. Got up, walked straight, felt fine, no buzz as did my passengers. The thing is big for a reason. The rear shape is there for a reason. Form follows function. You don't need the function, fine, buy something else. Like comparing skinny jeans to carpenter's overalls...same company, same quality, different clientele. Does it make you stop buying Levis because they cater to a market other than yours? Same with Porsche, purists hate they make anything other than the 911. Doesn't make the other vehicles they sell less, or the 911 less. Why should it on BMW?
Appreciate 0