Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by alohasurftoad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by royjovero View Post
So I've had my eye on the Turbosmart for a while now. After looking at things on RealOEM, it looks like the M2 N55 uses the same DV as the N20/26. (Real OEM part page here) So does that mean we can use the Turbosmart VR11? I'm almost tempted to get one and try
nice find. that'd be nice if you "take one for the team" but i hope you have friends with N55 M2 if it doesn't work out...

edit added: i went to several bmw parts sites and found the oem dv part number for the m2(n55), x4(m40i) to be 11-657-601-058, which the turbosmart vr11 replaces. unfortunately the N20 oem dv part number is 11-657-609-210. i have seen bmw list different part numbers for the same item before* but i'd be hesitant about this one since they are very different engines.

*an example of this are n20/n55 intercoolers. they are the same part but have different numbers for n20 vs n55. i've also seen this with suspension dampers and springs, same parts with different part numbers for different cars. it's quite annoying and confusing that they do this and they often confuse themselves because their own parts guys are unaware of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alohasurftoad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by royjovero View Post
So I've had my eye on the Turbosmart for a while now. After looking at things on RealOEM, it looks like the M2 N55 uses the same DV as the N20/26. (Real OEM part page here) So does that mean we can use the Turbosmart VR11? I'm almost tempted to get one and try
nice find. that'd be nice if you "take one for the team" but i hope you have friends with N55 M2 if it doesn't work out...

edit added: i went to several bmw parts sites and found the oem dv part number for the m2(n55), x4(m40i) to be 11-657-601-058, which the turbosmart vr11 replaces. unfortunately the N20 oem dv part number is 11-657-609-210. i have seen bmw list different part numbers for the same item before* but i'd be hesitant about this one since they are very different engines.

*an example of this are n20/n55 intercoolers. they are the same part but have different numbers for n20 vs n55. i've also seen this with suspension dampers and springs, same parts with different part numbers for different cars. it's quite annoying and confusing that they do this and they often confuse themselves because their own parts guys are unaware of this.
I just YOLO'd and bought a VR11. If the M2 N55 uses the same GFB DV+, I think the chances are good it'll work. I'll keep you posted
2015 328i N20 - Custom ACN91 tune by Navardi Tuned, VRSF catless downpipe, FTP Motorsport charge and TIC pipes, Turner Motorsports turbo inlet and upper intake pipe paired with modified stock intake box, Active Autowerke FMIC, AWE quad exhaust and mid pipe, Airlift 3P air suspension, Megan Racing rear suspension arms, Volk Racing TE37 SL, other shit...
Appreciate 1