View Single Post
      11-19-2014, 06:46 PM   #52
ATLBlue
Car OCD
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2017 EBII F36 430d M Sport

Do not go to a car wash...ever

On the way back home today, I did something I NEVER do and stopped by at my local car wash. I thought 'the heck, for once a quick $7 exterior was is not going to permanently damage the car'. I should have known better.

The paint of the car came out OK but the same can not be said about the car itself. At the end of the conveyor, a broken weld caused a trap door to come up and wedge between the fender and side skirt on the driver side

The Car Wash apologized, accepted 100% of the responsibility and filed a claim immediately. I should hear from their insurance tomorrow. No need to say that I'll get the car fix a t a top notch shop I trust and that took care of my previous cars.

Here are a few pics of the damage. The fender got really bent, to the point that it is no longer aligned with the hood, the A-pillar or the door. Somehow, I believe it is a good thing as it could indicate that the car is designed to indeed have the fender as an easily 'disposable' part of the car body.

Anyway, I am incredibly mad
It is not the end of the world, it is only a car, it will get fixed liked new (paint has not had the time to fade or anything), but it means hours of my time lost and probably a few days driving a Chrysler 200 or another ugly rental. Grrr.

PS: I will need consolation big time for the moral prejudice: an exhaust perhaps